4 Year Old Program
First Baptist Preschool takes pride in our preschool programs. For over 30 years, we have been preparing children for Kindergarten. A typical class size is 10 - 12 children with one teacher. By having a smaller class size, this allows for a better student-teacher ratio and the ability to provide more one-on-one interaction and productive engagement of each child. Activities offered help creatively stimulate your child's mind to the highest level possible. By partnering with parents, we can help provide a strong spiritual foundation in a loving and caring environment of learning and discovery.
Our teachers outline activities to maximize areas of interests in order to enhance the learning capabilities of each child. One of our objectives is to fine-tune skills that are needed to help children adapt to the Kindergarten setting. Some of these areas include: self-control, listening, following directions, independence, self-confidence, motor skills and cooperation.
Our curriculum, based on the age level, is from the highly rated, nationally recognized, ABeka Book Program (4-year old Kindergarten material and the Bible curriculum) and Wee Learn (Lifeway Christian Resources). Wee Learn is comprised of thematic units which incorporate learning concepts and idea expression through play (the work of young children). These curriculums provide us with a base in which we enhance with appropriate supplemental material. The four-year-old classroom is set up to allow for individual learning and exploration. Learning Centers such as: Math & Manipulatives, Science, art, reading, and computer are just some of the areas each child will have to choose from. Weekly themes are integrated with letters of the alphabet and various activities help create a well rounded atmosphere for learning. A more academic approach with the right balance of play, offers our children first-rate preparations for Kindergarten.
- Low teacher-student ratio.
- Supportive, nurturing and loving care in a Christ-centered environment.
- Thematic elements to enhance and maximize learning experiences.
- Regular communication between teachers and parents (allowing you to stay informed about your child's day)
- Focus in developing and fine-tuning readiness skills for Kindergarten.
- Opportunity to discover learning is fun.
- Children must be four years old before September 1st of the year entering into the program.
- All immunizations must be current.